Loss of paint due to poor adhesion. Where there is a primer and top coat, or multiple coats of paint, peeling may involve some or all coats.Possible Cause:
- Seepage of, moisture through open joints, worn caulk or leaks in roof of walls.
- Excessive moisture escaping through the exterior walls.
- Inadequate surface preparation.
- Applying oil base paint over wet surface.
- Try to identify and eliminate causes for moisture.
- Prepare surface by removing all loose paint with scraper or wire brush, sand rough surface, prime bare wood.